Just accepted a teaching job in China?
In order to get a work permit in China as an English Teacher, you will need to authenticate the following documents.
- University Degree
- Criminal Records Check(Can be local, state, or FBI. If you are going to use your local city/county level Criminal Records Check, please send a scan copy to your Prospective Employer first, to make sure it meets the requirements. Some local police checks do not meet the requirements for the work permit.)
- 120 Hour TEFL Certificate(120 Hour TESOL, CELTA, Teaching License or BA/MA Education can substitute for the TEFL Certificate)
Monument Visa has partnered with CanGoChina to give you a special rate for authenticating your documents. Unlike other agencies, Monument Visa will handle all 4 steps involved in order to get your documents authenticated by the Chinese Embassy, hence, saving you time and money.
COVID-19 UPDATE: DECEMBER 4TH 2020
THE US DEPARTMENT OF STATE HAS YET TO RESUME EXPEDITING SERVICES. WE CAN STILL HAVE DOCUMENTS AUTHENITCATED FOR CHINA BUT IT WILL TAKE AT LEAST 8-10 WEEKS TO COMPLETE THE PROCESS. PLEASE EMAIL SUPPORT@MONUMENTVISA FOR UPDATED PROCESSING TIMES.
Steps involved for authenticating your documents
- Notarize your document and authenticate at State Level(1 day)
- Submit to the Department of State for federal level authentication(4 days)
- Submit to the Chinese Embassy in Washington DC for the Chinese Embassy level authentication(4 days)
Once we pick up your authenticated documents from the Chinese Embassy, Monument Visa will scan the authenticated documents and send you by e-mail.
Then, we will ship the hard copies back to you via shipping instructions. If you are in China, or anywhere else outside USA, we can FedEx your hard copies for an extra charge.
How to submit an order
- First, make a high quality color scans for all the documents you will need to authenticate. For your University Degree, TEFL Certificate, and local/state level Criminal Records Check, all we need is a scan. If your employer/recruiter requires that your original documents be legalized then we will need those documents mailed to our office. Always verify with your employer if they will accept legalized scans/copies of your originals. Please do not notarize your documents if we will be completing all the steps for you. Please read step 4 below for detailed instructions regarding FBI background checks.
- Scan a high quality color of your passport. We need both the photo page of your passport as well as the signature page. Must be clear scans. If the scan isn’t legible, the Chinese Embassy will reject the authentication application.
- Click Here To Fill Out the China Legalization Application Form. Complete as much as you can. When in doubt, just leave blank. After filling out the form, print the form, sign at the signature area, then scan the form and upload it on the order page.
- Fill out the online order form by clicking the Order Now button at the bottom of this page. You can upload all your scanned documents on the order form. FOR FBI Checks and Marriage/Birth Certificates, PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE ORDERING! When mailing us any documents, please print the order form. You will get a copy of your order form via email once you place the order.
CanGoChina has partnered with Monument Visa to give all their teachers a special price.
- 4 step authentication from notary to Chinese authentication: $125 per document
- Notarized the document and legalized it from Secretary of State yourself? $100 per document.
**** In this case, you need to mail us the notarized and State level legalized copy to us for us to complete the authentication process. The China consulate is extremely strict on how they want documents notarized locally. There is a high rate of rejections for those documents that were notarized by someone who is not familiar with what the Embassy is looking for.
Monument Visa Mailing Address- If you need to send us FBI Criminal Records Check or Birth/Marriage Certificates, the address is below:
Monument Visa Service
12587 Fair Lakes Circle #331
Fairfax, Virginia 22033