- Government Documents:
Government-issued documents are any document or certificate issued by a Federal, State or Local govt. entity. These documents do not require notarization.
Examples of Government Issued Documents:
- Documents issued by federal agencies such as the: Food & Drug Administration
- S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Environmental Protection Agency
- S. Dept. of Homeland Security
- S. Dept. of Agriculture, etc…
- **Birth, Marriage, Divorce, Death certificates
- FBI Background Checks.
**PLEASE NOTE: Marriage, Birth, and Death Certificates must be Authenticated by the Secretary of State that issued them before sending to Monument Visa.
- General Documents:
General documents are any document or certificate NOT issued by a Federal or State Government.
Examples of General Documents:
- Corporate documents such as:
- Powers of Attorney
- Corporate Formation Documents
- Distributorship Agreements
- Company bylaws
- Good standing certificates
- Minutes of board meetings
- Academic Documents such as:
- Accreditation letters
- Authorization letters to obtain academic records
- TEFL/CELTA/TESOL Certificates
- Official Transcripts
- Teaching certification
- Verification letters from the registrar’s office
- Other Documents that are NOT issued by a Govt. entity where authentication may be requested.