S1 Visa Application Instructions and Requirements
- Passport : Original signed passport with at least 6 months of validity AND at least TWO blank visa pages.
- Visa Application Form (V 2013) and 2 passport size photos.
Click the Visa Application Link above and type out the form. After you complete the form, you will need to print and sign. DO NOT AFFIX PASSPORT SIZE PHOTO TO THE APPLICATION. We will do that for you! Click here to see the photo requirements.
- Photocopy of your Driver License to show you are a resident of one of the 12 states. (Delaware, DC, Idaho, Kentucky, Maryland, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, or Wyoming).
- Proof of legal stay or residence status (For Non-US passport holders).
- Photo Copy of previous Chinese Visa: If you were issued a China Visa in the past then we will need a copy of the old Chinese Visa
- If the applicant is a child born in the U.S. to a Chinese parent, the visa requirements are different. See detailed info.
- An invitation letter from the inviting individual (a foreigner who stays or resides in China for work or studies) which contains:
- Information on the applicant (full name, gender, date of birth, etc.).
- Information on the planned visit (arrival and departure dates, place(s) to be visited, etc.).
- Information on the inviting individual (name, contact telephone number, address, signature, etc.).
- A photocopy of the inviting individual’s passport and residence permit
- Photocopy of certification showing relationship to Family Member (marriage certificate, birth certificate)
Washington DC Consulate $250: Processing time is 4 Business Days