L Visa Application Instructions and Requirements
Original signed passport with at least 6 months of validity AND blank visa pages. In addition to the original passport, you will need a color copy of the passport’s data page and photo page if it’s separate.
- Visa Application Form (V 2013) and 2 passport size photos.
Click the Visa Application Link above and type out the form. After you complete the form, you will need to print and sign. DO NOT AFFIX PASSPORT SIZE PHOTO TO THE APPLICATION. We will do that for you! Click here to see the photo requirements.
How to fill out the form properly:
Part 1: Fill out all the fields that apply to you. TIP: If you are unsure what passport document type you are, you are most likely Ordinary.
Part 2: Check the box next to tourism. For intended number of entries, check other and type in “Multiple entries valid for 10 years from the date of issue”.
Part 3: Check No for all fields. If a YES applies to you, please e-mail us prior to submitting your application.
Part 4: Print the application, and sign.
Part 5: Leave Blank
- Photocopy of your Driver License to show you are a resident of one of the 12 States. If you do not hold a drivers license from one of these States please contact our office immediately. (Delaware, DC, Idaho, Kentucky, Maryland, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, or Wyoming).
- Proof of legal stay or residence status (For Non-US passport holders).
- Photo Copy of previous Chinese Passports. If you have been issued a Chinese Visa in the past we will need a photocopy of the previous visa.
- If the applicant is a child born in the U.S. to a Chinese parent, the visa requirements are different. See detailed info.
- Round trip Itinerary OR an invitation letter issued by a relevant entity or individual in China. Note: If you have an invitation letter we will need a copy/scan of the inviters passport and Chinese resident permit.
Washington DC Consulate $250: Processing time is 4 Business Days
Please mail all documents to:
Monument Visa Service
12587 Fair Lakes Circle #331
Fairfax, Virginia 22033